Faded Faire

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Quiet Time & Celeste Time

The rhythm of my life beats to an academic calendar so when I talk of a year, it is a year that begins the middle of August and marches around the calendar from that point. So I am about to close out a "year"...a year that has flown by at a frenetic pace, packed so full of work and school and family that I can scarce believe 12 months could hold it all. I am blessed by work that I LOVE but some days in the midst of the busy-ness this past year I longed for a vacation, longed for quiet and solitude. Today I have it.

I have come to the beautiful city of Birmingham to visit my sweet Celeste, the daughter I longed for and prayed for. Thus the opening song on my blog is "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride. I don't want any of you to think I am making an idol of her so it will only stay in that position for a few days.

In my quiet time today, I read the 91st Psalm in several different versions at Bible Gateway.com and was blessed over and over by reading it through. Verse 12 says the angels' work is to catch me, lift me up, keep me from falling so that I won't even hit my foot against a stone. On August 11, I will blog about walking off a roof in Haiti. That day, I will tell you why verse 12 means so much to me.

Today is the 27th anniversary of the day I found out that my son Scott had died while I carried him. It was a day of shock and tears and disbelief. He was born on July 14, 1981 and I only got to hold him for a little while before I had to let him go. Psalm 91 is my favorite psalm and verse 11 is on Scotty's memorial stone: "He will give His angels charge over you." So while I continue my life here, I am reassured that the angels are tending him until his mommy comes home.

The baby I thought I might never have arrived in God's perfect timing and she was/is well...perfect (for a human being). Celeste means heavenly and she is certainly that. A godly woman who loves children and adults alike (although I do have to admit, somewhat perplexedly, she is not a big fan of animals...does this make her less than perfect?). She is a relationships person and to ask her to not love and minister to people would be like asking her to not breathe. She is a woman who has committed her life to the Lord so sincerely that she truly means it when she says she will go anywhere to do anything the Lord asks of her. (Now as a mother, that commitment scares me more than a little bit because I have always tried to keep her safe and the anywhere/anything part doesn't necessarily sound all that safe.) During my stay with her, she goes to work during the day and I have the solitude and quiet I so longed for. In the evenings I have "Celeste time"...it's a perfect vacation. For those of you who have not heard me say it, I will post it here--I will always be grateful that I got to be Celeste' s mother. For now, I leave you with some of the many faces of Celeste. (Don't be jealous my beloved David and darling Missy, my blog about you two precious ones is coming.)




4 comments:

Emily said...

I really wish I was with you girls! I almost cried over it yesterday!

Dr. Erin and Mr. Heath said...

Your daughter is beautiful!

Thank you so much for your kind comment!

Shannon said...

I loved reading this blog. It's always so endearing to hear a mothers heart... especially when it comes to her children. Celeste is definitely a woman of strong character and love...the kind of love that only comes from God. I'm so blessed to know you both! I'm excited to see where the Lord leads Celeste...I know she has been and will continue to be used by Him in mighty ways! (we, karen and I, were watching home videos last night, and Christmas 2001 came up...such great memories! I hope we can all get together sometime in the near future)

Anonymous said...

Hello,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]ekfehringer.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research shows that about 70% of all United States adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.