Faded Faire

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Thoughts on knitting




The last two weeks I have been too busy to knit and my soul is feeling it. Today, I am once again picking up the cardigan for DD and hoping to get started on the sleeves. She had to go back to college without her new sweater, but I am hoping to have it off the needles and in a package VERY soon. The quote below eloquently says what I feel about knitting. It is by a reader from Knitting Daily, a great posting from Interweave Knits.


"Who says that knitting is just an old fashioned activity for crafty old ladies? Non-knitters cannot comprehend the emotions that go into a blankie for the new baby, a perfectly putrid pink sweater for the little niece who has her little heart set on that "softie" yarn, or the beautiful afghan made stitch by stitch for the new bride with so much hope for the future. No one I know knits just to add to their wardrobe, it is an extension of their heart, their love, and often, their prayers. "
Comment by: Ann B August 22,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of my sweater I dont think i had seen it. I think what you are doing with the sleeves is right... just take off the fold up cuff, but I like that the sleeves are long! Cant wait!
Celeste

Emily said...

i've tagged you so if you have time you must blog.