Faded Faire

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

After a Long Absence. . .

It's summer again here in Kentucky. It is the perfect evening as I write. The temperature is 71 degrees and virtually no humidity. My gardens are growing. My furbabies are freshly bathed and I am in the hammock. This is the life!!
What a year it has been!! My sweet Celeste graduated from college and has her first grown-up job (you know, the kind of job that comes with a retirement plan and health insurance!).

My beloved son David married his darling Missy and now I am officially the mother of 3...I love you Missy dearest (and you too David!.) Life is so good!
I finished 14 more credits toward my doctorate while I traveled to Seattle, Reno, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson, Tampa, Sarasota, Naples (FL) and St. Petersburg. I have seen the ocean from coast to coast in the first six months of 2008. In Las Vegas, I overlapped with my daughter's visit to Emily and Nate's new home. It was 20 hours of fun and catch up. What a life!
God has blessed me with health and happiness and contentment. The sorrows and worries have been there too but I wouldn't ask for it to be any different...these keep me mindful that my every breath is grace from God; my waking and my sleeping and my learning and my traveling and my loving others are dependent on God's mercies, which are new every morning (praise Him from Whom ALL blessings flow.)
These are a few of my favorite snapshots from my life in the last year.

No comments: