Faded Faire

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Finally--UFOs to FOs


UFOs are common in the knitting world--UnFinished Objects. These are projects started enthusiastically, knitted on furiously and laid aside for many reasons. The buttonband needs to be sewn on. The ends need tied in. A mistake discovered 10 rows back needs a bit of attention. It needs to be (gasp) "finished" (aka, blocked and sewn together.) Christmas is pressing in (well it was). The most common reason of all is that another, more alluring skein of yarn seduced the knitter into a new project. Having experienced all of these reasons in the past year, my DD (Darling Daughter) expressed shock, and maybe a tinge of disapproval, when she wangled a confession from me (shortly after another trip to the yarn store, I believe) that I had not one, not two, but 10 UFOs lurking as skeletons in my knitting closet. Here are pictures of the transformation of two UFOs (actually, counting DD's hat, I have finished three--see below or go to her blog: Just a Glimpse for a photo. )The little purple sweater is for my precious grandniece, Ruby Mae. The scarf is named Branching Out and is a gift to my beloved sister-in-law, Terese, who is expanding her horizons and is in the midst of her master's in social work.

3 comments:

Emily said...

they look great! i'm so impressed. miss you!

Pink said...

Sure miss seeing a post from you! How are you doing?

I did finally get around to answering a few of the questions asked of me, including the ones from you...so pop on over and say Hi

Pink said...

tap.....tap.....tap.....are you there my friend? I have not seen or heard from you in the blog world in a long time....are you ok? What's going on?